WHEN SOMEONE ON TWITTER ASKS IF I WANT TO MEET IRL:
I’m still in recovery mode from 5 days at SXSW Interactive, so instead of a full blog post about my adventures down there, I decided to share the highlights via gifs.
1. Got it Thursday afternoon and discovered our hotel was within walking distance of downtown instead of outside the city like last year
Although at the end of the day, I was feeling more like this:
2. PANELS, PANELS, PANELS! Went to some really awesome ones this year. Tried a new panel strategy this year and went to ones that weren’t directly related to my work. For example, saw Ben Huh (the CEO of Cheezburger) as well as the captains from the Deadliest Catch.
3. Actually saw Internet memes IRL. Got a picture with Grumpy Cat! Also saw Scumbag Steve (who’s real name is Blake btw and he completely lives up to his meme) and NASA’s “Mohawk Guy”
4. So much drinking. We went out hard 5 nights straight, complete with open bars. The best night for me was the National Geographic 80s Party. Besides the fact that it was 80s-theme, it also had Girl Talk perform and I got to dance on stage the whole time!
I mean, he was literally right there (my actual Vine video)
We also did shots with Adrian Grenier, but he was kind of a jerk about it.
5. Not pictured: countless numbers of tacos, margaritas, and BBQ
Got home late on Tuesday and now all I want to do is sleep for the next month.
Wait, Sunday is St. Patrick’s Day?
I can’t even handle this right now. I use this platform RELIGIOUSLY and I can’t imagine a day without it. SO. MANY. FEELS.
The official blog post here.
Nooo!!! Any suggestions for a new RSS reader?